- PBA Resources Sdn Bhd and Malaysian Water Academy Sdn Bhd (MyWA) sign a collaborative technical training agreement.
- MyWA becomes a PWSA branch campus to offer government-accredited water supply industry training programmes from Kuala Lumpur.
- PBA Resources Sdn Bhd (PBAR) and Penang Regional Development Authority (PERDA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly provide water industry competency training programmes to rural youth in Penang.
- These programmes are SKM (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia) programmes that offer potential benefits to all school-leavers.
- Established a smart partnership with KYM STES Sdn Bhd (KYM STES) to collaborate on a new water supply services training institute called the “Malaysia Water Institute” (MWI), based in Melaka.
- Appointment as northern region host of SKM-PPT programme to certify the competency of experienced workers in the water industry.
- 2-year international collaboration agreement with HueWACO of Vietnam.
- Renewal of MoU with PERPAMSI.
||MoU with the Indonesian Water Association (PERPAMSI) to conduct training for Indonesian water operators.
||Accredited to offer SKM-level courses to Malaysian school-leavers by the Department of Skills Development, Malaysian Ministry of Human Resource (JPK).
||Certified as “Authorised Training Centre” by the Malaysian Water Services Commission (SPAN) for professional training programmes.
||Supports PBAPP to win international WaterLinks Award for “Best Water Operator Partnership” with PDAM Tirta Musi Palembang.
|Joint-development of National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) which served as the foundation for the water industry Malaysian Skills Certification (SKM) vocational training programme which is recognised by the Malaysian Government.
||Founding as the first water supply services training academy in Malaysia.