Recognition of Prior Achievement – Pengiktirafan Pencapaian Terdahulu (PPT) is a method of recognising any individual who can demonstrate the skills outlined in the National Occupational Skill Standards (SKPK) based on previous experiences and achievements.
This program was first introduced as one of Malaysia Skills Certification methods on 13 September 1996. It is aimed at giving recognition to the country’s skilled workers. SKM-PPT emphasises the concept of lifelong learning wherein individuals are evaluated based on their accumulated skills and on-the-job experience.
Who is eligible for recognition?
- All industrial workers from the services and manufacturing sectors that meet the duration of working experience in related fields and other specified conditions. Qualified industrial workers will be awarded the Certificate to the highest level by their respective fields as stated in the National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS).
Benefits of the programme
- Opportunity to gain further recognition and satisfaction and motivation for self-development.
- Award of Certificate within a short period of time (no need to attend classes/ training).
- Able to contribute to career development.
- Raise productivity and performance of the company.
- Saving of costs for employee training and certification.
- Improve company image.
- Increase the number of qualified skilled workers.
- Generate growth in the industrial sector in the country with an increase in skilled workers.
- Improve the country’s image in the eyes of the world in terms of goods and services produced.
- Attract foreign investors to invest in the country.
Who can apply?
- Open to anyone with the skills and knowledge regardless of when, how and where it is obtained through work experience, life experience or training (formal or informal).
- Method and minimum working experience for Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) – Pengiktirafan Pencapaian Terdahulu (PPT) is based on the following years of working experience: